OpenPIV - what is it for?OpenPIV is an initiative of scientists to develop a software, algorithms and methods for the state-of-the-art experimental tool of Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV) which are free, open source, and easy to operate. OpenPIV is the successor of the well known URAPIV software - it is faster, more friendly and much more flexible. OpenPIV is provided using Matlab, Python or 32bit Windows executable (based on C++ and Qt source).
How to contribute ?
- Get a Github account
- Visit our Git repositories through OpenPIV on Github link
- Fork the selected repository
- Fix, commit, push to your repository and send us a pull request
Getting started tutorials
- Matlab - see the new Tutorial PDF and the screencast http://youtu.be/yg-LjAt-v3Q
- Python - Python version tutorial
- C++ - help is embedded in the package
Support and documentation
How to get support? Where to ask questions?
Note that if you use older than 2014b Matlab version, you should use the released version 1.1
How to cite this work
Taylor, Z.J.; Gurka, R.; Kopp, G.A.; Liberzon, A.; , "Long-Duration Time-Resolved PIV to Study Unsteady Aerodynamics," Instrumentation and Measurement, IEEE Transactions on , vol.59, no.12, pp.3262-3269, Dec. 2010 doi: 10.1109/TIM.2010.2047149 URL: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=5464317&isnumber=5609237